Best electric fireplace reviews by users in 2016Written by Wilfred Weihe
Best Electric fireplace heater reviews represented by user grades! All reviews on this page are sorted by user grades who already bought and rated this products This fireless heaters are state of the art and can provide warmth, pleasure and sound of realistic fire with or without producing heat. Some users want only warm crackling fire but others want the benefit of having a fire place with no work involved. We also eliminate the need for burning gas or wood to produce a flame to heat a room. This removes emissions that harm the environment and can put your family or users in danger.
|Picture||Review||Watts||Size - inches||Price|
|Best electric fireplace |
Dimplex DFI2309 review
|1375W||20.5 x 8.7 x 12||$$|
|Duraflame electric fireplace review||1500W||23.2 x 10.8 x 19.8||$|
|Dimplex DFI2310 review||1375W||52 x 32 x 22||$$$|
|Most realistic electric fireplace |
Dimplex Addison DFP69139W review
|1440W||31.2 x 4 x 23.9||$$$$$|
|Bionaire BFH5000-UM review||1500W||23.2 x 19.6 x 10.8||$$$|
|dimplex electric fireplace |
|1500W||43 x 16.5 x 44||$$|
|Riverstone Industries |
electric corner fireplace
|1350W||25.3 x 40.9 x 37.6||$$$|
|New Diva Tranquility 35" review||1500W||45 x 10.5 x 38||$|
|best electric fireplace insert |
Classic Flame review
|1350W||9.3 x 23.6 x 20||$$$|
|Dimplex DFP4765BW |
electric fireplace heater
with mantle review
|1500W||43 x 16.5 x 44||$$$$$$|
Number 10: Dimplex Holbrook DFP4765BW Traditional Mantle with 23-Inch Firebox, Burnished WalnutThis Dimplex is created in a classic design, having a stylish look. It's designed in a really beautiful burnished walnut finish and a 2-Inch black trim, that will lighten up virtually any place. It includes a 23-Inch firebox as well as an on/off handy remote control. You can easily set it up. It is usually combined with or without heat and comes with an on/off remote control. This particular mantel offers a classic focus point to any room. On-demand warmth together with thermostat control warms an area of up to 400 sq feet. Dimplex developed the modern electrical fire place and continues to lead the way having unique technology which dazzle the person's eye. The branded 3D result provides the fire its detail and dancing flames- a thing you only see on dimplex electric fireplaces. Once you purchase Dimplex, you realize you got the unique and the finest. Dimplex electrical fireplaces provide warmness and atmosphere while lowering environment influence. Dimplex electric powered fireplaces utilize 90-percent fewer power compared to gas fireplaces to create visible fire. No combustion means zero greenhouse gasses.
- Stunning standard style with a burnished walnut finish
- Patented, life-like fire result
- On-demand heat together with thermostat control warms a room or area of up to 400 sq feet
- On/Off handheld remote control
- 23-Inch self-trimmed electric firebox fire functions with or without heat
- Trademarked LED on screen function indicators
- AUTOMATIC ON SCREEN INDICATORS
- Plugs Into Any 120 Volt 3-Prong Electrical Wall socket
- Power Saving All LED Technology
- Technology Requires no venting or gas lines
- Authentic Resin Firelogs And Ember Bed Together With Undulating Effect
- Large Viewable Area
- Works Extremely Well With Or Without Heat Intended For 4 Season Enjoyment
- 1400 Watt 4,600 BTUs An Hour Heater Blower Can Warm A 400 Square Foot Room
- Function indicator lights up with each control/remote operation and then disappears after 4 seconds
- Digital thermostat with numerical readout
- 23.63"W X 9.28"D X 20.00"H
- Viewable Area: 21.34" W x 15.83" H
- Weight: 27.81 lbs.
This model is Brand New Enhanced Glass Wall Mounted Electrical Fire place with Remote Control. This modern looking electric fire place is power Effective, absolutely no emissions, no smog, can be mounted practically everywhere in your house or workplace.
It is time to remain comfortable and enjoy all the positive results of a fireplace with no trouble of buying or cutting wood yourself. Just hang it up, connect directly into any electrical outlet and enjoy your fireplace without investing a lot of money for it that's why it's in best electric fireplace heaters reviews.
- Completely new Enhanced Glass Fireplace heater
- Simple installment: hang inside the location that suits you, connect it to wall socket in and enjoy the warmth!
- Tip Over and Overheating Safety
- Excellent Design for your house
- Handy remote control with ON/OFF, 750 Watt & 1500 Watt Choice, FireDimmer
"The Biltmore" The Stay Warm Electric Fire Heater by Riverstone Industries offers a distinctive all around cupboard design encasing the fireplace device with gorgeous cupboard, including 3 hide away constructed into the mantel storage doors. Every side storage space includes 3 shelves.
Absolutely no requirement for a chimney or gas lines with the Stay Warmtm line all that is required is a regular 3 prong wall socket. Completed in rich dark cherry, this stunning electrical fireplace tv stand brings together an authentic fire along with a entirely functional dual level heater blower motor 750/1500 watts. The branded authentic flame can be handled by using the integrated thermostatic controls. The patented foldable corner layout enables fast set up and lineup of the sides, reducing the time and hastle out of the set up procedure. The ownere can control fire intensity and heat separately.
The advantage is that on warm nights the fire can be on with no heat. Similarly on chilly evenings, the heating unit can be on with no glow of the flames. Security also comes first with this unit and that is why the all models use a grounded (3 prong) plug which functions in with all standard 110 outlets. Furthermore, all out models are CSA safety approved and have integrated shut offs if the units get too hot or get bumped over on side.
- MDF wooden finish with Cherry Color Veneer
- Shelves on Every Side of Mantle with door panels and Top Storage Area
- High Intensity Fireplace Insert
- Flame Intensity Control
- 3-D Effect Log Flame Motion Effect
- ON/OFF Switch for Heat and Flame Effect
- 1500W Heater and 120V (5115 BTU)Dual Settings for 750W or 1500W Output
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Safety Thermal Cut Off
- CSA Approved
- Ships Fully Assembled
This modern electric heater and continues to lead the way having unique technology which dazzle the person's eye. The branded 3D result provides the fire its detail and dancing flames- a thing you only see on Dimplex fireplaces.
Once you purchase AKDY, you realize you got the unique and the finest. More fireplace inserts reviews consumer reports can be found here.
- Branded AKDY Flame technology generates the appearance of a wood fire
- Safe-to-touch glass stays cold whether heater is operating or is off, secure for kids
- You might run flame with or without heat, independent controls
- On/Off Remote Control functions all characteristics and controls
- Easy-to-use, letting you to personalize your fireplace experience with the push of a button
Offers the ambiance and warmness of a real fireplace with no mess! No firelogs, no open fire, no propane, no gases to cope with.
Stunning and modern, matches in with your home and your way of living. Can be mounted on wall or floor standing. Fan disperses heat swiftly into the area.
- Electrical fireplace heater with authentic glowing firewood and embers
- Programmable electronic display, thermostat, 12-hour on and off timer
- Includes remote control, floor stand, and hardware for wall mounting
- Measures 31 by 4 by 23 inches; 1-year limited warranty
You can build a stylish center point, modifying any ordinary room into an excellent room with the elegance and grace of the Addison in this best electric fireplace reviews from Dimplex.
The Addison's complex styling features detailed crown molding, curved pilasters, and a stepped fireside finished in classic white for an subtle elegance, beautifully complementing any décor.
Stunning and useful
Just one click of your remote control will turn on the Addison's powerful fan-forced heater for instant heat, and with the heater turned off, you'll enjoy and relax in front of the world's most realistic fake flame even on warm nights.
Change the look of the Addison fireplace to your personal wishes with the adjustable flame speed and internal lighs controls. And, the Addison simply plugs into any standard household outlet so that you can positiopn your fire place anywhere you like.
- 26” firebox with wide-screen viewing area
- 120 Volts / 1,440 Watts / 4,915 BTU
- Thermostat control
- Can work with flame only, flame and low heat, or flame and high heat
- Includes On/Off remote controls
- Flame speed control so users can set to their personal preference
Enhance any cellar or living area quickly with the authentic, deluxe insert from Dimplex. This handy electric insert fits the majority of masonry or steel-lined fireplaces. Even fake fireplaces which are merely decorative or maybe older, non-functioning fireplaces can be brought back to life.
This unique insert simply plugs into a standard 120-volt wall socket. Now, you are able to take pleasure in the comfortable glow of a most realistic electric fireplace heater without the mess of wood or the overheating of a propane. The deluxe electric fire-place insert provides the world’s most authentic fire effect, furthermore pulsing embers and LED inner glow firelogs for superior realism.
Using the flame-only option, you are able to take pleasure in the dancing fire without heat. In chillier months, switch on the 1,375-watt electric heater for fast comfort. Integrated thermostat enables you to manage room temperature as you like. Renew your preferred room right now with the Dimplex deluxe insert because of this dimplex electric fireplace reviews!
- 1500-watt with branded fire technology and handy remote control
- Easy to set up into an existing fireplace opening; plugs into a standard household socket
- Integrated fan-forced electric heater blows warmth evenly and silently
- Operating on 100%, 50% heat or flame only for 4-season pleasure
- Measures 23.2" by 19.8" by 10.8"
Duraflame DFL020ARU An ideal addition to making any space comfortable, joyful and warm. This Deluxe Crackling Log Set features rolling, pulsating, realistic log set and amber bed with energy efficient all LED technology. Fits within almost all existing fireplaces incorporate vintage bronze fire grate.
Functions with or without heat offer extra heat for up to 400 square feet. This electric log set ads atmosphere and temperature to any space with no exterior venting required.
It's newer brother is Dimplex Optimyst which uses water for realistic smoke effect.
- Energy efficient ALL LED technology
- Just plug into any standard wall socket
- No hookups required, vent-free
- 1350 watt electric heater, 4600 BTU's hourly
- Functions with or without heat
- Rolling, pulsating, realistic log set, ember bed, and flame effects
- Looks authentic on or off
- Offers heat for up to 400 sq. ft.
- Firegrate with vintage bronze finish
- Projects flames into back of existing fireplace
- Includes multi-function handy remote control
- 1-year limited warranty
- CSA C/US approved
- Dimensions: 20.5"w x 8.66"d x 12"h
Get back the appeal and warmth of your outdated useless fireplace, minus the mess or problems of wood or smoke, with this stylish and functional most realistic electric fireplace insert. Providing thoroughly handcrafted firelogs in addition to softly glowing embers that imitate the real fire, this aparature is a gorgeous way to a challenging issue.
Created specifically in order to simply fit into many existing wood fireplace openings, this advanced electric insert provides new life to any room with no dangers of open flames, wood or propane. Having its ventless and pipe-free simpleness together with its durable steel inset, you can easily convert an unattractive standard fireplace opening into a captivating focus point with the additional benefit of gentle heat on request.
A flexible self-leveling foundation ensures a close fit and an on/off remote provides the highest comfort. As our users graded in our electric fireplace heater reviews Dimplex DFI2309 Electric fireplace, Insert is their winner!
Check the winner in action:
- 1375-watt with branded fire technology and remote control
- Easy to set up into existing fireplace opening; plugs into standard household wall socket
- Integrated fan-forced heater distributes heat evenly and quietly
- 100%, 50% heat or flame only for 4-season pleasure; user manual included
- Measures 10-4/5 by 23-1/5 by 19-4/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Electric Fireplace GuideEnsuring your living space has heat is very important especially during the winter. Many people opt for heating fans and radiators.
However, electric fireplaces are a better option because they not only provide you with heat but also act as décor for your bedroom or living room which make the room very attractive.
What Is An Electric Fireplace?An electric fireplace is a type of fireplace that utilizes electricity for the purpose of producing heat.
Unlike other types of fireplaces, this fireplace features artificial flames which are important in giving you a perfect visual appeal.
Electric fireplaces are becoming quite popular today.
This is because they are not only very attractive, but they are also very energy efficient and safe to use in all types of homes.
Wood Burning, Electric Or Gas Fireplace— Which Is The Best Option?Wood burning types of fireplaces are the traditional form of a fireplace.
Many people like the smoky smell that comes from burning wood, the crackles, and the warmth they get from such fireplaces.
While these are the most common, it is crucial for home owners to explore different options when it comes to fireplaces.
This is important because it will enable them to decide on the best fireplace for their home.
Wood Burning Fireplace
- Cost: When it comes to cost wood burning fireplaces tend to vary depending on how big your house is. The efficiency of your fireplace may also determine what you spend on it.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of a wood burning fireplace is not very reliable. This is because most of the heat gets lost through the chimney when the fireplace gets older. This may require you to incur some additional costs to have the problem fixed.
- Safety: This type of fireplace requires you to implement some safety measures to ensure your kids and pets are protected. You will need to have a safety gate that is heat proof, and your damper should remain open from the time you light your fire to when the ashes get cold.
- Maintenance: The chimney will require yearly maintenance to be done by a professional.
- Design Details: There are a variety of design options to choose from.
- Aesthetics: They have an advantage over other types because they enable you to smell the burning wood and hear the crackles from the wood burning.
- Cost: The cost of installing a gas fireplace depends on the kind of design you want. The basic designs are cheaper compared to complex designs. The running cost per hour is about $20.
- Maintenance: This type of fireplace requires you to get regular cleaning to have the soot, carbon and dust removed.
- Efficiency: This type of fireplace is more efficient compared to the wood burning type because it retains about 70% of the heat that is generated.
- Aesthetics: You get to control how you want the fire to look like.
- Safety: The glass panel gets too hot and may burn anything that is flammable if it comes near the panel.
- Design: The gas fireplaces are available in modern styles.
- Cost: The installation costs of this type of fire place falls around $200. If you use it for decorative purposes only, the fireplace can use up $8 of electricity each hour and $18 per hour when used for heating purposes.
- Safety: These are the safest types of fireplaces because they do not have actual flames. Children and pets should, however, be kept away from the glass panel.
- Design: These types of fireplaces come in different sizes and designs. The advantage you get from this kind of fireplace is the fact that it will fit almost anywhere because it does not require a chimney.
- Aesthetics: Electric fireplaces have the most aesthetic value for those who would want this.
Electric Fireplace Buying GuideDifferent Types of Fireplaces that you can get in the market today.
Freestanding: This is a type of fireplace that does not require to be installed. It is a great option for people who do not have a lot of space to spare. The advantage of this fireplace is the fact that you can move it from one room to another.
Wall Mounted: This type of fireplace is mounted on the wall. It features a remote, mounting hardware and brackets. It is perfect when you do not have a lot of space. It is however fixed and cannot be moved.
Corner or Wall: This is a type of fireplace that is designed to be placed in the corner of your room against the wall. It does not require too much space or installation. It is great for homes and offices, and you can use the mantle on top to place your TV.
Insert: These are the types of fireplaces that are inserted into gas or wood fireplaces and then connected to a power outlet. They give your fireplace more life.
TV Stand: These serve two purposes. The top part is meant for placing your TV, and the bottom par contains the fireplace which helps you heat up your room. They come in different sizes and designs.
Mantel: These are the kind of fireplaces that come decorated with wood, stone, faux tiles or marble. This gives it a breathtaking appearance. It is perfect for improving your overall décor.
How To Choose The Perfect Fireplace For Your Home Or OfficeChoosing an electric fireplace is not an easy task especially if it is your first time buying it or you have no idea on where to start.
This is because there are numerous types, brands, sizes and designs to choose from.
This makes it a very overwhelming task. Below is a guide that will help you have a pleasant shopping experience when you decide to get an electric fireplace for your home or office.
Appearance and Styles: Electric fireplaces come in numerous styles and designs. When choosing one for your home, it is very important to consider your décor.
This is because you need to go for something that will fit effortlessly with your home décor. Choose a color and design that goes well with your color palate.
Heating Power and Size: Electric fireplaces are designed to have different heating powers.
You will find electric fireplaces with small heating power and others with a lot of heating power.
Your choice will depend on the size of the room you intend to have the fireplace in. If it is a small room, you need to go for the fireplace with a smaller heating power and if it is big go for those with higher heating power.
Features: Different brands incorporate different elements into their electric fireplaces to give the customer some options when they are buying electric fireplaces.
You should make your choice depending on what you would like to get from the fireplace.
Below are certain things you need to put into consideration before buying an electric fireplace:
- Adjustability of the thermostat: A thermostat that is adjustable will enable you to control the amount of heat generated by the fireplace. This is a very important feature to look out for when buying a new electric fireplace.
- Flame-Only Option: There are times where you might want to use the electric fireplace for decorative purposes rather than for heat. In such situations, you will require your fireplace to have a flame only feature which enables you to enjoy the flame effect without the fireplace emitting any heat.
- Control of flame speed: One thing that makes a fireplace interesting is the flicker and dance movement of the fire because it makes the fireplace come to life. In order to achieve this with an electric fireplace, you will need to have a fireplace that enables you to control the speed of the flame.
- Control of brightness: This is an important feature if you plan on having the fireplace in your home. It will enable you to reduce the brightness when you need to sleep.
- Digital Features: A fireplace that is operated by use of a remote is a digital type. This is a very important feature because it enables you to control the settings of the fireplace without having to move to the fireplace.
- Portability: Portability is very important because it enables you to enjoy the fireplace in different rooms. It is, therefore, an important feature to consider before you decide to purchase an electric fireplace.
- Self-trimming: This feature gives your fireplace a complete look, and it saves you the need to buy a trim to complete how it looks.
- Safety: Make sure the fireplace you buy has certain safety features. A good example is a thermal overload protector. This prevents the fireplace from overheating. Make sure the fireplace never feels hot when you touch it; this is not supposed to happen since the fireplace does not have any combustion.
- Eco-friendly and Inexpensive: Make sure the electric fireplace you go for is not only energy efficient but also inexpensive when you consider the maintenance costs it will require having it is operation.
If you consider all these, there is no doubt you will find a perfect electric fireplace for your home.
Benefits Of Owning An Electric FireplaceAll fireplaces have some advantages. However, the electric fireplace has proven to be more advantageous compared to wood, gas and other types of fireplace options.
Below are a number of advantages you get from using an electric fireplace over other options:
- No Fumes: With traditional wood fireplaces or gas fireplaces, there is emission of fumes due to use of wood and gas. These fumes are not only harmful for your health but also very harmful to the environment. This is a problem you do not have to worry about because electric fireplaces do not emit any fumes. They are therefore very safe for you and the environment.
- Reduced Energy Costs: One of the major concerns a lot of people have with heating systems is the fact that they use up a lot of energy which leads to high energy bills at the end of every year. This is something you do not need to worry about when it comes to electric fireplaces. This is because these fireplaces can be used to heat up your room without utilizing a lot of energy. It is therefore a great way to cut back on heating costs.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike wood-burning and gas fireplaces, electric fireplaces do not require too much maintenance. This is because there is no build-up of smoke or soot from burning wood. All you need to do to ensure your electric fireplace is clean is to use a wet piece of cloth to remove all the dust accumulated from the surrounding.
- Many Design Options: There are numerous design styles to choose from when it comes to electric fireplaces. You can go for the traditional fireplace design or one which you have an option of moving around in order to heat up different rooms. This makes it easy for you to find something that will fit well with your home or office décor.
- High Aesthetic Appeal: Electric fireplaces are great because they greatly improve the appearance of your home by complementing your décor. Apart from this, it also makes your home feel warm and cosy. This type of fireplace can also be used as a decoration; this is another thing that gives it a higher aesthetic appeal compared to the other types of fireplaces.
ConclusionAn electric fireplace is what you need to add a touch of class, warmth, and ambiance to your office or home.
The great thing about electric fireplaces is the fact that they are more affordable and require lower maintenance compared to the traditional fireplaces.
You also get numerous designs to choose from which makes it possible for you to own a fireplace that complements your décor.
With so many different models, however, it is imperative to know exactly what you need to ensure you choose the best electric fireplace fitting for your home. No matter what you go for, you will not be disappointed.